04 October 2004

Fortunately, Stockholm is slightly less outrageously expensive than the whole of Norway. I wandered through part of the city today, with no plans, not that I could have had plans, seeing as virtually all the sights are closed on Monday. Be that as it may, I found the Royal Library and wandered around that for a few minutes before spending the rest of the day on the streets. Stockholm is made up of thousands of tiny islands, so it is necessary to remember exactly which bridges one has crossed, or else getting back to the starting point may take an additional hour. In all, I would have done more, but it was a bit cold today, and I felt like I needed a day to recuperate from the nearly 7 miles I walked on my last full day in Norway. That may or may not seem like a lot, but Norway is quite hilly, even in Oslo, and the cobblestones aren't that much fun on the feet. Stockholm has some fully paved roads in a nice turn of events. Maybe I'll find some not-so-expensive shoes (Bjorn would be nice, but I haven't seen any around). Most likely, I will wait until Germany or the Czech Republic to stretch my sorry U.S. dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home