08 May 2003

One of most oft-asked existential questions pertains to the nature of happiness, or at least contentment, with life. If cosmic forces were to be altered so dramatically that the world would cease to exist, could you honestly say you were happy/satisfied with the direction of your life? Without too much thought, I can say that I would not be able to say my life would come to end regret free.

In discussing the complex simplicity of life before, I mentioned my taking advantage of my less-cheerful moments to ponder my life. All this is natural, as I have implied, by suggesting that I'm at a natural (albeit socially-sanctioned) crossroads. What I have chosen to do with myself so far has been pitiful in comparison to what I believe my potential to be, and the direction of my life in the short-term following my college graduation certainly does not seem to be conducive to actualizing this potential. I detest the conventional way of thinking and living. Something must be done. I've spent so much time doing what I think others think I should do that I haven't listened to myself, and when I have, the response I've gotten has been less than positive.

All of this is changing. Perhaps it has already changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home