20 December 2004

Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol is sheer delight. For years, I've loved the retelling of this story through various media, but "Mickey's Christmas Carol" and "A Muppet Christmas Carol" frequently watched, gave me the impression that I truly knew the story of Ebenezor Scrooge. Not so, I discovered, after checking out the book from the Urbandale Library. Much to my surprise, the story in print is exceedingly better than the Mickeyized and Muppetized versions I love so much. The book reads more personally. I highly recommend reading the book. Doing that won't ruin the familiar adaptations in the slightest; it helped me regard the tale even more greatly.

I think I'm going to make some beer cheese soup tomorrow. More specifically, some Samuel Adams Winter Lager Cheese soup. Who wants some?

1 Comments:

At 20 December, 2004 23:02, Blogger Stephanie said...

ooooh! I want some. How about you come make in in Michigan??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home