09 December 2004

I finally watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and I must say that, while I enjoyed it, the film didn't solicit the same reaction from me that it has from my contemporaries. It was certainly better than Adaptation, which I also liked a lot, but I think it ultimately suffered from Finding Nemoitis; that is, it was way too long and the novelty wore off. The idea was great, up until Joel and Clementine started hiding, at which point things started to get absurd. To put it mildly, the DVD didn't contain enough deleted scenes, as the latter third of the film started to slip away from the rest.

I rented Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Good Bye Lenin at Blockbuster, and I recommend both films, although I enjoyed Good Bye Lenin more. Check it out. It's the best German film I've ever seen, which means nothing more than I like it more that Run, Lola Run, which I loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home