25 December 2004

YES! and the bedpost was his own. The bed was his own, the room was his own. Best and happiest of all, the Time before him was his own, to make amends in!

"I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!" Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. "The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, Jacob; on my knees!"....

Running to the window, he opened it, and put out his head. No fog, no mist; clear, bright, jovial, stirring, cold; cold, piping for the blood to dance to; Golden sunlight, Heavenly sky; sweet fresh air; merry bells. Oh, glorious. Glorious!

"What's to-day,?" cried Scrooge, calling downward to a boy in Sunday clothes, who perhaps had loitered in to look about him.
"EH?" returned the boy, will all his might of wonder..."To-day! Why, CHRISTMAS DAY."

"It's Christmas Day!" said Scrooge to himself. "I haven't missed it. The Spirits have done it all in one night. They can do anything they like. Of course they can. Of course they can."

Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol


In this spirit I wish everyone a merriest (happiest) of Christmases. If I've been out of sorts with you in the past, I beg of your forgiveness and your continued friendship and patience. You can do anything you like. Of course you can. Of course you can.

1 Comments:

At 26 December, 2004 21:50, Blogger Stephanie said...

"You can do anything you like. Of course you can. Of course you can."

Happy Boxing Day, Brian! And I wish you a Happy New Year filled with the same sentiment. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home