01 June 2003

For the past few days, I've been doing absolutely nothing (part and parcel of having absolutely no responsibility and recuperating from having my wisdom teeth yanked out). With nothing else to do, I've been able to think about some different things, and I've reached a few conclusions. First, and this comes especially from my having graduated, I've thought about the past few years a bit. I'm not necessarily looking to recapture "lost" youth, but I would like to go back to high school, knowing what I know after having graduated college, and tell a lot of teachers to "forcibly insert [insert ridiculous notion/activity here] into their anuses." Prescribed nonsense.

Along those same lines comes my second thought. I wouldn't last 30 seconds in the United States' armed forces. Now, those of you who know me should know that I would, under no circumstances, join the armed forces, but if I were forced to do so, it wouldn't be pretty. Imagine:

Drill Sergeant: Drop and give me 30.

Me: No, I don't think I will.

I've decided that I have a problem with authority (see point 1 above about what I'd like to say to former authorities). I think to make the blanket assertion that I have a problem with all authority would be wrong, so I'll qualify it. I have a problem with authorities that I perceive to be much less intelligent that I am. I have a problem with authorities that do things because that's how they've always been done. To borrow from Mary Poppins again, remember what Bert says. "They make cages in all shapes and sizes, you know. Bank shapes, some of them, carpets and all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home