11 June 2003

I made it to Florida. That's the good news. It's so bloody hot you can't believe it. That's the bad news. Seriously, yo, this is outrageous. I've spent the past three summers here and I still can't believe how ridiculous this is. I'd go so far to say this is asinine. Ludicrous. And all signs point to continued heat. And how. I walked around the Magic Kingdom today, following Stephanie with her Y.E.S. program kids. Here's the general breakdown of the event.

6:13 am: I wake up, grumble something about something or other.
7:00 am: I arrive at the Transportation and Ticket Center to meet the Y.E.S. people.
7:01 am: I realize it will be insanely hot for the rest of the day.
8:30 am: I ride Space Mountain with the lights on.
8:32:30 am: I clean pants from riding Space Mountain with the lights on (Seriously, it looks like a death trap in there)
9:01 am: Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Always a good time.
9:08 am: Step off Buzz Lightyear into wall of painfully oppressive heat and humidity.
9:25 am: Delirious from heat, I stagger to Frontierland.
9:26 am: Delirious from heat, I am amused by 6th grader's "quarter trick"
10:15am: Delirious from heat, I push past the masses of incoming guests, against the grain, past the exit to monorail (you can do things like that when you aren't on vacation like everyone else.

As you can see, it was hot. Too hot. Unfairly hot. Weapons of mass heating hot. Global warming's evil, yet hotter sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home