25 January 2006

Chapter XXIII, In Which I Act Like a Boob, Avoid Acting Like a Boob, and Save $20


Yesterday, as is the case on all my Tuesdays during the current semester and the University of Iowa, I had three political science courses with which to tease my brain/insult my intelligence. The first two were morning classes, 9:30am and 10:55am respectively, and the third course did not commence until five minutes to four. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, following my second class, my early routine is to walk home and use the three-plus hours' break to get some work done for the third class or relax in general. Yesterday was no exception, and I ventured back to my apartment, made lunch, and parked my brain into "chill mode." Sometime between lunch and getting ready to go back to my afternoon class, UPS knocked on the door and delivered a textbook I had ordered online to save myself $20. Imagine my dismay when I discovered that the book I had ordered was not the book I thought I had ordered but was actually another copy of a book I had already purchased. Whoops. What a boob I am.


Good fortune struck, however, as the book delivered by UPS was still in shrink wrap, just as was the book I purchased from Iowa Book just days before. I scrounged around and found the original wrapping, still in the trash, and affixed the Iowa Book barcode along with alarm tag onto the new book's wrapping. What a clever, non-boob I am. Long story made short: I returned the new book as though it were the old book and saved $20 as well. Hooray beer money! Who wants Sam Adams?


3 Comments:

At 04 February, 2006 07:04, Blogger Stephanie said...

Chapter XXIV, In Which You Post Again. Ever.

 
At 13 February, 2006 09:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

note to self: i should update, i really should

 
At 18 February, 2006 17:10, Blogger Stephanie said...

Look, those of us in theknow realize you are having technical difficulties. However, we also know you spend your Friday nights in computer labs with Vietnamese custodians and bald, fat men. So really... where's the post?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home