23 January 2005

For the first time in months, I have something to occupy my time that involves neither Sony Playstation nor self-pity. A few days ago, I noticed the video editing software on this computer for the first time, and I made a decision to make what I like to call a horribly (or über, depending upon your conversation) low-quality short film. Allow me to expand. Just before I went to Europe, my parents bought me a digital camera. It's not the greatest camera in the world, but it was certainly better than the one I had before that, especially in light of the fact that I did not have a digital camera before then. At any rate, this camera, like many, has a video record function; naturally being a digital point and shoot camera, not a camcorder, the quality of the video is, shall we say, on par with the quality of movies made by former SNL cast members--think It's Pat or A Night at the Roxbury. Also, the camera lacks the ability to record sound, so what I'm dealing with is a grainy picture and no sound. I will not let the shortcomings of my camera or the complete lack of a script deter me. I am forging ahead with my first short film, and I'm really loving every moment of it. The story has begun to take shape in my head, and, while I won't be able to have any character dialogue, I know a thing or two about voice over technique and will be adding my own narration. I'm excited to be working on something that I enjoy and to see how this project will fare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home